Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Friday, September 09, 2005

podcast on David

I just received this request:
Hi Wayne,

I run a series of podcats on Jewish literature and culture for Nextbook, and this week I've got a story online that I thought, from reading your site you might be interested in.

I've interviewed former poet-laureate-of-the US, Robert Pinsky, on the life of David... as a poet, warrior, father, king. Pinsky has just written a book on the subject, and it's pretty good stuff.

It's really a touching podcast, and I'm very proud of the way it turned out. In particular, Pinsky's discussion on Michal/women, and his reading of the Elegy for Saul is SO moving...

Any chance you might help me spread the word? We work so hard on these things, and I really want folks to hear this....

Here's a link: http://www.nextbook.org/cultural/feature.html?id=188 If you just click on "listen to podcast" you should be able to hear the interview!!!

Thanks so much!

From me,
L---

for weekly podcasts: http://www.nextbook.org/
I think a number of visitors to this blog would be interested in the online interview and weekly podcasts on Jewish literature, which, of course, forms a context for the study of the Hebrew Bible.

Categories: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home