Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Safely in Spokane

Elena and I, along with one of our daughters and her family, who helped us so much with our move, arrived safely in Spokane tonight at 7 pm. Our other Spokane daughter had kept watch over our new house in Spokane for us and it was ready for us to walk in and try to catch our breath and get some needed rest after all the work of packing and moving.

On Sunday the Cheyenne Bible Translation Committee put on a surprise going
away service for us at our Busby church. It was very moving. There were many
of the people with whom we have worked over the years. Of course there were
many tears. Please continue to pray for us as we adjust to living in a city
and having less contact with the Cheyenne language. I will, of course, work
hard to complete editing of the recorded Cheyenne Scripture. I can do that
in our new office here in our Spokane house. Now, let's see where is my
desk? Oh, yes, it's still on the U-Haul truck. And that will be unloaded
tomorrow, along with many boxes and other things.

I have a temporary way to access the Internet at our new house. In a couple of days I will get better service.

I have noted in a comment to my previous post that at least one blog reader tried to email me but was unsuccessful. Unfortunately, one of the things I forgot to do before we left the Cheyenne reservation was change the forwarding address for the email address I use on this blog. So for anyone who has tried to email since midday on Monday, when we started driving west with the U-Haul truck, please send me your message again. I will get it this time.

1 Comments:

At Wed Oct 19, 09:57:00 AM, Blogger Wayne Leman said...

Thank you, Phil. We appreciate your prayer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home