Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Monday, October 17, 2005

A Translation of Revelation from the Byzantine Textform

The Bible Translation email discussion list was just notified by Charles Wiese of a translation of the book of Revelation from the Greek Byzantine text family. If you wish to read his translation, you can visit Charles' Lulu.com website.

On his website Charles states that his work is "based on Reformed methods of textual criticism and Bible translation."

I have only had to the chance to skim the Lulu.com preview of Charles' translation.

This afternoon my wife and I, helped by one daughter and her family, finish packing, loading our U-Haul rental truck, and begin our move from Montana to Spokane, Washington, where our two oldest daughters live with their families. Their four children (plus one more on the way) have been calling the hearts of their grandparents. We are glad that we will be able to live near them now. I happen to think that every child should have grandparents of some kind, whether biological or socially adopted, in their lives.

We will continue our fulltime Bible translation work from Spokane.

Please pray for safety and alertness as we drive. It will take us two days to get to our new home in Spokane. My next post should be from our new home. And it should be via DSL broadband, rather than a dial-up connection. Tune in again to see if my posts sound any different from a different place and a broadband connection! :-)

Categories: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Mon Oct 17, 04:47:00 PM, Blogger Peter Kirk said...

As I have commented on the Bible Translation list, I am surprised to see described as a "Reformed method[] of textual criticism" a method which prefers the traditional text of a church (the Byzantine church) regarded from the Reformed perspective as apostate, and which results in the choice of a text at Revelation 22:14 which states that the right to eternal life depends on works, rather than on grace as is clear in all the older manuscripts of this verse.

 
At Tue Oct 18, 10:18:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've tried and failed to send you an email, Wayne, so I'll post my request here.

I'm hoping you could weigh in on a dispute. Please read the following post and the comments. The dispute is in the comments, but the post sets up the context.

Anathema Sit

Thanks in advance. :)

 
At Tue Oct 18, 03:16:00 PM, Blogger Peter Kirk said...

Funky Dung, I know you meant this link mostly for Wayne, but I followed it, and was sufficiently upset at the misrepresentation of Bible translation I found there to add my own comment, part of which directs readers to this blog to find out more about Bible translation.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home