Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Monday, March 19, 2007

ElShaddai Edwards: Genesis 1:28

ElShaddai Edwards has just blogged on the wording of Gen. 1:28, a key verse, in several English translations.

He concludes:
I like the NLTse for its' slightly smoother English, the royal "govern/reign" word choice and the clear "animals". "Scurry" is my only pause, but I like the word in general and probably won't get worked up about it. TNIV would be my second choice, for the "increase in number" and "living creature/ground" word choices.
I recommend that you read the entire post. It's good to see an increasing number of bloggers interacting with the Bible text in different English versions.

1 Comments:

At Tue Mar 20, 08:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, Wayne. My second verse comparison is now up as well, looking at some idiom translations in 1 Kings 18.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home