Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Friday, August 31, 2007

If imitation is the highest form of flattery

Imitation is said to be the highest form of flattery. If that is so, what is copying?

Yesterday I discovered that each recent post from this blog is being copied to another blog, titled Bible Translation. Improve your Bible. An occasional word is changed. For instance, the title of my recent post, Who will be joyful? was changed to Who will be merry? But, otherwise, our BBB posts are copied verbatim.

There is no email address on the other blog to contact the blogger, so I left a comment for him, asking him to stop copying BBB posts. I have also contacted the Blogger authorities about this.

Now, it will be interesting to find out if this post gets copied to the other blog.

8 Comments:

At Fri Aug 31, 11:58:00 AM, Blogger David Ker said...

It wasn't me!

I have discovered that it is an over-weight male if that's any help.

 
At Fri Aug 31, 11:59:00 AM, Blogger Wayne Leman said...

Lingamish,

Can you e-male him?

 
At Sat Sep 01, 01:11:00 AM, Blogger eddie said...

Rather strangely one of the comments has clearly been run through translation software from English to French. Surely someone who cares about translation would not do that. The word 'post' has been translated as 'poteau' which is basically a fence post and nothing to do with blogs at all.

 
At Sat Sep 01, 09:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you look at his blogspot profile, there is at least one other site that he is stealing; look at:

http://weightloss-fatlog.blogspot.com/2007/08/vitamin-c-cannot-be-so-good-for-you.html

compared with:

http://www.formerfatguy.com/weblog/labels/Vitamin-C.asp

 
At Sat Sep 01, 09:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Report the stealing here:

http://help.blogger.com/?page=contact

 
At Sat Sep 01, 08:26:00 PM, Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

I wonder how much more of this is going on out in the blog world.

Interesting.

 
At Sun Sep 02, 09:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just checked at 12:55am EDT on 8/3/2007 and it looks like he has just copied everything - including Wayne's entry exposing him!

I wonder if this is being manually or if it is some automated script?

 
At Mon Sep 03, 10:41:00 PM, Blogger Wayne Leman said...

Glenn recommended:

Report the stealing here:

http://help.blogger.com/?page=contact


Thanks, Glenn. That is what I did and what I meant by my comment about contacting the Blogger authorities in my post. Sorry I was clearer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home