Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Young Guns on Bible Translation

While this neck of the blogosphere has started to resemble tap-dancing night at the senior center, there are numerous bloggers out there who are cranking up the amps and staying up late blogging about Better Bibles. There are so many posts that I can’t keep track, but I should mention:

ElShaddai Edwards: He’s got a new web address: http://heissufficient.com (it used to be .net) and is putting out a lot of fine posts like this one: What makes a Bible translation authoritative? which is an interaction with Kevin Sam (What are the most authoritative translations?)

TC Robinson: is a blogging maniac these days. He makes me look like a haiku poet. Here’s a good BT post: My First Blind Comparison: What Striking Similarities, I say!

Carolyn James is a new discovery thanks to the massive compendium of shared posts at christianreaders.info. Her post The Dictionary According to Jesus is full of gems. Key terms according to Jesus. Who would’ve thought?

Rick Mansfield: He probably shouldn’t be listed since a. He’s older than the hills and b. He’s been blogging for a coon’s age. But after a long hiatus he’s been blogging again like crazy. Here’s the hot one: Understanding Matthew 5:28 [updated]

Finally, we can all be glad that Mike Aubrey has taken up the baton again. Here’s a rumination on BT: A Few Thoughts on the Translation Debate. Now if we can just get Nathan Stitt to start blogging again…

Who are some other hot shots and rising stars out there that are blogging about Bible translation?

14 Comments:

At Wed Sep 10, 09:41:00 PM, Blogger ElShaddai Edwards said...

Thanks for the (updated) link! Maybe he's just new to me, but I've been enjoying reading Peter Lopez's blog, beautyofthebible.com, especially his work on Genesis 1.

 
At Wed Sep 10, 09:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awh shucks..you're makin' me blush!

 
At Wed Sep 10, 09:58:00 PM, Blogger tcrob said...

Mike, "I'm a blogging maniac" (haha).

David, you're the best. Thanks for the kind words (haha).

 
At Thu Sep 11, 04:18:00 AM, Blogger J. K. Gayle said...

Yes, get Nathan Stitt back. Good to see you around, Mike.

And, young David Ker, you neglected your Behemoth (http://biblebehemoth.wordpress.com)--isn't it she with the tusks who showed you the fantastic Dictionary according to Jesus and the Ezer Warrior-ess of Carolyn Custis James?

 
At Thu Sep 11, 02:24:00 PM, Blogger David Ker said...

That beautyofthebible is intense. One year on a single verse!

BTW, I have hidden the behemoth for the time being since it served its purpose and we've now moved on to other things...

 
At Sat Sep 13, 01:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found a recently new blog, "New and Interesting Bibles and Versions" at: http://biblereadersmuseum.blogspot.com/

I don't know who the blogger is (it isn't apparent from the site), but it does look interesting.

 
At Sat Sep 13, 01:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After digging around, I found that the above mentioned blog is run by Pastor Bradford Taliaferro.

 
At Sat Sep 13, 06:21:00 PM, Blogger Nathan Stitt said...

Thank you for mentioning me. Unfortunately my time is still being held hostage to my new career and the commute that goes with it. That leaves me just enough free time to spend with my family for now. I still read and comment on occasion in the various blogs so I'm around.

I have been toying with the idea of trying to force myself to create posts in 15 minutes or less just to keep content on my blog. Hmm, maybe I'll make a quick post asking for suggestions on how to blog w/o spending hours at it. My fear is that I'm too much of a perfectionist though.

Great list of bloggers by the way, love 'em. ;)

 
At Sun Sep 14, 03:20:00 PM, Blogger Nathan Stitt said...

Quick update. Since yesterday I've experimented with trying to do posts in less than 15 minutes and it's actually pretty easy. Thanks for inspiring me to jump start my blogging again David.

 
At Sun Sep 14, 08:11:00 PM, Blogger David Ker said...

I hope this doesn't cause you to lose your job and have to blog under a bridge. That's what happened to me.

 
At Mon Sep 15, 04:00:00 PM, Blogger Peter Kirk said...

David, so sorry to hear that the hopes for your new job which you just expressed have so quickly come to nothing. But perhaps it's for the best that your bosses took swift action when they realised how much of a blogaholic you have become.

;-) (I hope!)

 
At Mon Sep 15, 04:26:00 PM, Blogger David Ker said...

My job is secure. I'm the only person that understands what it is I'm doing. ;-)

 
At Tue Sep 16, 01:34:00 PM, Blogger Craig Thompson said...

Hotshots, Rising Stars??

Whatever happened to humility?

 
At Tue Sep 16, 07:02:00 PM, Blogger David Ker said...

Sorry tin hat, you missed the irony in my statement. We should all show humility at every opportunity.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home